Over my years as an organizer, there’s something that I’ve noticed. We all have different styles when it comes to paper organization – and oftentimes we can be a mixture of a few different styles.
In this post I’m sharing the five style types I notice the most and offering up a little advice on each one. So let’s get to it.
You might be a….
- Blind Betty – I tell these clients to set aside time to start paying attention to the clutter around them, then tackle one pile at a time. Soon you’ll develop new habits and the piles will disappear!
- Juggler Jo – If you are one who focuses on a million things at once…slow down my friend. Focus on one thing at a time. Pay all your bills at once, group similar tasks together, and ditch that “Squirrel!” mentality.
- Saver Sally – My advice to you if you love to hold on to everything is: you don’t have to keep everything! It’s ok to let things go that you no longer need or look at. And honey, nobody needs 1200 photos of the same event. Less is more!
- Perfect Patty – You know who you are! My advice? Not everything needs its own file and there is NO perfect system. Focus on progress over perfection.
- Later Lisa – If you think this is you, plain and simple…get started. Don’t overthink it because I know it can get overwhelming. Set a time where you will tackle some bite-sized, manageable tasks and give yourself permission to put off tackling your paper until then. And then rinse and repeat the following week.
I hope this bit of advice gave you an idea of what kind of organizer you might be…but I want to encourage you to find out for reals now and unlock the rest of my advice!
Take the What is Your Organizational Style? quiz and discover which type you are so that you can know the organizing strategies that work for YOU!
You’ll learn how to work with your type, not against it, with solutions that are easy to implement and will last.
We can all get organized, it’s simply a matter of finding your right style. Thanks for reading, and enjoy the quiz!